Thai cuisine is known for the variety of flavors, aromatic components and the spicy edge each dish contains. Every dish is made to perfection, detailed to taste, texture, color, smell, appearance, etc. Thai dishes include the main five flavors such as: spicy, sweet, salty, sour and bitter. Thai food is considered to be unsatisfying unless all ingredients are included in a single dish.
Thai diners eat a variety of dishes – fish/meat dishes, noodles, vegetables and also soup. Thai takeaway has become the go to, especially for those who crave the delicate flavors of Thailand! Asking yourself if there is Thai takeaway near me? Delivering the best Thai takeaway in Devon – Thai herb kitchen offers you traditional home-cooked, freshly prepared meals made with organically grown herbs from their own garden. You can read more about Thai herb kitchen by clicking here.
If you are wondering on what Thai dishes to try, here are the 7 most popular Thai food dishes you can order at Thai Herb Kitchen!
- Tom Yum Goong (Spicy Shrimp Soup) –
- Thai style, hot and spicy soup with prawns, lemon grass, lime leaves, chili, mushrooms, galangal, etc. This soup is considered to be the most popular Thai soup. This versatile dish can be paired with almost any other Thai meal.
- Tom Kha Gai (Chicken in Coconut Soup) –
- Thai style hot and spicy soup with chicken, mushroom, lime leaves, lemongrass and coconut milk. Although this is a milder twist to Tom Yum, this dish bursts with flavour! It is rich and creamy but also tangy and salty, making it difficult to resist.
- Yum Talay (Spicy mixed seafood salad) –
- Thai Style Spicy mixed seafood salad with lime juice, chillies, garlic and fresh mint. This dish is every seafood lover’s dream! It has an amazing mixture of exotic flavours – sweet, spicy and tangy. This dish is not only one of the most delicious but also one of the healthiest meal options. It is served on crisp romaine lettuce and crunchy red onion. This dish is served cold.
- Pad Thai (Thai style Fried Noodles) –
- This is considered to be probably the most famous Thai food dish. This dish is stir-fried noodles with a combination of classic ingredients such as as- eggs, peanuts, tofu and bean sprouts. Key ingredients in this dish are also fish sauce and dried shrimp with a little bit of fresh tamarind paste and lime juice. To add some spice, just add a touch of chilli.
- Pad Kra Pow – Moo Saap/Gai (Fried Basil with pork/chicken) –
- This is a stir-fried dish with fresh chillies, garlic, French beans, basil leaves, soy sauce, green beans and a pinch of sugar. This dish is savoury, aromatic, and garlicky and it is usually topped with a fried egg. It can be made with two types of meat: pork and chicken.
- Gaeng Daeng (Red Curry) –
- Gaeng Daeng is a delicious, colourful and spicy curry dish. The main ingredients of Thai Red Curry are red curry paste, aubergine, bamboo shoot and Thai basil leaves in coconut milk. Thai red curry served over rice, thin noodles or bread and eaten for either lunch or dinner. This dish has a perfect flavour and irresistible aroma.
- Kao Pad (Thai Fried Rice) –
- This is a popular dish served with pineapple, eggs, chicken, spring onion and seasonal vegetables. It is a must-try! To turn it into a one-dish meal you can simply add chicken (Khao pad gai), pork (Khao pad moo), crab (Khao pad pboo) or shrimp (Khao pad goong). The blend of all these ingredients makes this a tasty, fulfilling and warm dish.
If you enjoyed reading about these dishes, you are guaranteed to love the rest of Thai herb kitchens menu! Check it out for yourself by clicking here.
Starting December 1st – we will have an exclusive Christmas special menu for you to choose from!
There will also be a change in our Christmas opening times –we will be closed from 21st – 27th December for delivery. Delivery will continue to be available for New Year’s Eve and New year’s Day.
To make your order give us a call on 01884861372
Or send us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org